I have been harassed to update my blog :P So here it is!
Let's go chronologically:
June:
Carlos got assigned to Intermediate, which he completed
I flew down to florida for his 23rd birthday, which I am very grateful I was able to do.
July:
I was in New York doing classes the entire month. He was in flight school continuing intermediate. He had an opportunity to go to the Airshow in Wisconsin one weekend, which was great for him, but not so great now that I look back on it. He got food poisoning, but felt guilty calling IMSAFE (which is the code for , " i can't fly cause i'm gonna screw up") so he flew and did terribly. the XO wasn't too pleased, especially because Carlos wanted E-2s and the XO is an E-2 guy.
August:
I finished my summer classes and was still unemployed, so I spent the rest of the month (until labor day ) in Florida. Very blessed for that 3 weeks with him! Of course, i kept in constant touch with my family at home :)
Carlos was scheduled to finish intermediate any day now, so we started planning to move to Norfolk, VA. Where after the FRS, would determine if we stayed there, moved to Point Mugu (aka MALIBU), CA, or Japan. Me going down to Florida was also to help him pick our home and move our stuff. Of course, the day before I-grad, someone asks Carlos if he was interested in going P-3s instead. OF COURSE he said yes, because that's what he wanted all along. So the paperwork began and we were approved unanimously for JAX! That made me SO happy, because if we can't have Malibu, I wanted "real" Florida. A large city with plenty of career opportunity, and TWO HOURS FROM DISNEY. (and my grandparents, who were even more excited than we were). Unfortunately, the new commodore decided to overturn and reject all transfer requests, so now Carlos was stuck going back to E-2s....unless, of course, there were no more spots for him.
September:
I come back to NJ, because I had nowhere to live in NY. Carlos is still on the verge of not knowing what his job is/if he has one. I get housing in NY and move back. I love my new place and enjoy this area of town about a trillion times more than the East Village. Also helps that my roommate is not super rich and expects me to shit money out of my ass to go here, there and everywhere. In fact, she's the opposite. Whatever.
I love my classes. All of them. I TA for undergrads, intro to psych. My consumer behavior classes are fascinating, and my professor for cog psych is such a goofball, i can't help but like him too. I am really grateful for this!
we were afraid carlos was going to get a trident from the flight program, because they effed up his e-2 spot, and we didn't know if they'd send him anywhere else. we were prepared for the idea of him going civilian. it was a nerve wrecking time in our lives.
Carlos, however, was drafted to go to ADVANCED to fly jets. Now, nobody is more proud of him than I am (his parents , ok fine, but still, i rival them. i am his biggest cheerleader). but the fact that none of us WANTED jets really pisses me off. oh, and unless we end up in virginia beach, i can kiss any career goodbye. I need marketing/consulting opportunities , or my masters is useless. or some type of university. I am not paying almost 200k for an education i can't use. . He now wants f-18s out of Virginia. I am praying we get that. praying praying PRAYING.
october:
i flew down for the navy ball/my birthday/fall break. loved it. moved into a brand new place and its gorgeous. perfect for me, him and our cat :) . i am in the process of decorating from afar and he is very pleased with the living room furniture selection. we feel like grownups and its kind of exciting :)
carlos started advanced, and its not kicking his ass yet. yay!
i got a job as a party hostess at Dylan's Candy Bar. clearly putting my bachelor's degree and graduate school experience to work. that was dripping with sarcasm.
i turned 22. its okay, because i felt like i was literally 'forever 21".
i am planning to move down to pensacola, if i can find a job there, in january. i am transferring elective credits from UWF INTO NYU, and am working out the kinks with registering, etc. everything is approved, and i am very excited to be paying less than the price for ONE CLASS at NYU for four classes at UWF.
finally being with my fiancé and having a real job and my degree will just be absolute bliss. not that living with carlos is gonna be fun. he smells and can get really annoying. but that just means hell be a normal husband, which is fine by me. lol
looking forward to some great things happening! hopefully :D
No comments:
Post a Comment