So although I barely have time to breathe, I feel the need to post this. A lot has been happening within the past few days and I'm not really sure how to handle it.
Carlos leaves for Pensacola in a few weeks, and we have been trying so hard to make plans with my mom so he can finally meet her. She backed out yesterday, saying that my priorities aren't straight and she threatened to tell my non-approving father. I left for work and did not go home , I went back to my house in New Brunswick to live on my own. They keep harassing me and telling me to come home. I told them I dont feel welcome at home anymore, and Im angry my parents can't see that I am a good person with my head on straight. I dont give them trouble for any reason other than normal reasons. I dont do drugs, or anything illegal. I'm not a whore, and Im in college, pursuing grad school. The ideas that I dont have my priorities straight is absurd, especially when I support myself and am grown-up enough to accept adult responsibiities. Why , however, can't I have adult priveleges/rights?
It's really driving me crazy because I hate doing this to my family, but I dont trust them anymore. They are always switching the story and dont stick to their words. Theyll tell me everything is ok, and guilt me into coming home , and thn a week later its back to the same shit. I don't feel comfortable at home anymore.
That and telling my father solidified me being betrayed. My father will not be accepting or supportive of this. I am furious and hurt and scared.
My question is, why do I have to fight SO HARD to have something that is NORMAL to have at my age and this point in my life? Carlos is the best thing to ever happen to me, and I love him to pieces. Why would they want to take this away from me?
Yesterday, I was wondering when you would post again. Thanks for reading my mind! ;-)
ReplyDelete